Get Adobe Flash player
Hearing Process Legal Advice

Legal Advice

 Legal Advice relating to the Mental Health Act is available to members of the public from the following bodies. Note the MHRB does not provide individuals with legal advice.

        Victorian Legal Aid

VLA (Victorian Legal Aid) provides free legal advice about a range of issues and may provide legal assistance if a person cannot afford a private solicitor. VLA may also provide legal representation at Board hearings for involuntary patients and for patients on community treatment orders. VLA provides a regular visiting advice service to most metropolitan and some regional area mental health services.
VLA can also provide specialist advice and assistance about other mental health legal issues.





      Mental Health Legal Centre 

The Mental Health Legal Centre provides a free and confidential legal service to anyone who has experienced mental illness in Victoria where their legal problem relates to their mental illness. For further information please visit their website.